Sunday 17 May 2015

Little boys clothes

Is it just me or have you noticed a severe lack of boys clothes in stores? After having a little man, it became abundantly clear that stores stock a larger range of clothes for girls than boys. This was one of my other drives to learn to sew. However, once I began my sewing journey and started searching for sewing patterns for little boys, I notice that there are a very limited number of patterns out there.
 
I know many other mums with little boys who would like to have a bigger range of boys clothes to choose from. So I thought I would share a pattern with you that I found, The pattern is actually for boys and girls but all the outfits in the pattern are gender natural. The pattern is by ellie mae designs K133 (with four sizes). This pattern includes a basic short sleeve shirt and shorts, and long sleeve shirt and long pants. Also included in the pattern are giraffe or lion appliques. So I see lots of potential for this pattern, especially if you have a creative side. 



This was the second project I ventured on, so I kept it simple and just made my little man son simple shorts. As I am a reasonably new sewer, I found this pattern so easy and it took next to no time to put together. 


Its not my favourite colour, but it was the only colour I could get at the time. I specifically wanted a nice soft stretchy material. It was my first time sewing with stretchy material, and even though I was slightly nervous it wasn't as hard as I thought. Here is the finished product.

 
No complaints from this little one. The shorts went down a treat.
 
Let me know if you have found any great patterns for little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment