Tuesday 19 May 2015

My current project - Simple Sleeveless Top by Lauren Guthrie

So what's on my sewing table at the moment? A sewing project from Learn to Sew with Lauren by Lauren Guthrie, the simple sleeveless top. I am very excited about this pattern because the top is so simple but lovely. No expert sewing skills required. Lauren's book provides great instructions and illustrations to guide you through the pattern. So if you are looking for some great inspiration while learning to sew then I highly recommend Lauren's book.
 
I wanted a summery material for my top and found some lovely material at Make it Hobby n Craft in Boondall, Brisbane, Australia. The material is by Leutenegger called "Pebbles". I am sure that you could order it online from the Leutenegger website if you don't live in Australia. The material is a lightweight cotton. Here it is -
 
 
Once again, the photo never does the material justice but you get the idea. So my practice is to trace patterns so I can use them again and again. By doing this you also preserve the other sizes in case you need them in the future. I have cut out the pieces and am ready to start putting my top together.
 
 
So now I just need to make time for myself (which is so hard with a little one) and put my top together, so I can proudly show it off to you. Stay tuned by subscribing to my posts for the final reveal and other variations of this pattern in the future.
 
Let me know what's on your sewing table at the moment, even if it has been sitting there a while ......(I understand).
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Juliet! I have this book by Lauren aswell, its such a pretty book and very easy to follow, I haven't made the top yet, I seem to have watched too much Mad Men lately and have been obsessed with skirts and dresses at the moment haha! I'd love you to check my blog out at http://rosesandpetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/ I've been making a skirt this week! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thank you for your comment. I am working on finishing the top so that I can put a post up, so stay tuned!! I will check out your blog.

      Delete